My Photo
Name:
Location: England, United Kingdom

Monday, June 27, 2005

I have become what I (used to) hate

A music whore. More specifically, an indie music whore. I can't help it! It wasn't a choice, it's who I am. I was born this way. I am seriously seriously obsessed with music right now. I mean, I've always liked music (my 400 CDs can attest to that) but being in a band has opened this whole new world of appreciation for music. Now all I do is surf the net, check out new bands and wish I had enough money to d/l everything off iTunes. When the last school bell rings, I turn into the Pavlovian music dog and bound home. It's not like I feel like I'm a better person because of it--I'm not a music snob. I don't know why this is bothering me. Actually, I think it's the no-money-to-buy-this-music thing that bothers me the most.

I've dyed my hair jet black and have asymmetrical bangs. Does this make me a member of the Mop Top Hair Shop? GOD I hope not. I hate hipsters almost as much as I hate hippies. Smug muthafuckas.

Listening to: Well, yesterday it was Tegan & Sara, but the day before it was the Futureheads and the day before THAT it was the Bravery.
Reading: Nylon mag. weak. I can't wait for my Bust to get here!
Eating: some nasty brown bread I bought at the Japanese grocery store--smells faintly of paint thinner...I don't think imma eat the rest of it.
Sweating: up a storm.

Here's some pix of our show last friday.
There's more on the band page: www.upup-downdown.com
If you weren't there, you missed out!

me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
hot shoes
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
hot boyfriend
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
hot band. jeff's hat (where did that come from?) increases our hotness quotient exponentially.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

Blogger molly said...

Hey, did you download the Futureheads? I was just cruising their website the other day and I liked what I heard.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home