My Photo
Name:
Location: England, United Kingdom

Sunday, November 25, 2007

They DO exist!

Gypsies! Today! In my pub! I had no idea who they were, but the boss said not to serve them again, and to get him if they wanted more. I didn't quite understand why, and so he explained:

Gypsies are one of the few groups of people that he's afraid of. (This is coming from a guy who's 6'7".) They are ruthless and will fight to the death. They haven't been spotted at the pub since last Boxing Day, when a gang of them showed up, were able to be served (all other places had turned them away), and then the whole caravan arrived. Apparently there were no problems, they were polite and appreciative of the hospitality. And then, at the end of the night, boss-man tallied up the till and found that most of the money was gone. He checked the CCTV and there was a gypsy, reaching over and grabbing cash out of the till, looking straight at the camera. Boss brought the tape in to the police, but the fuzz said that they couldn't tell who it was from the vid. You see, the coppers won't even touch the gyppos.

There was a sighting a few weeks ago, when gypsies showed up at someone's wedding and tore tha place up. I was quite intrigued by then, especially when a gypsy family of a mum, dad and two girls showed up and went straight to the bathroom. Boss said that they go in there and have a complete wash-up, changing clothes and everything. The dad was a rotund fella, the mum bleached blonde trash with tits hangin out and the two girls wearing fake fur coats, the kind that were popular in the 80's.

But then the boss asked them to leave quietly, and they did. He told me that if you give 'em an inch, they'll take a mile and the last thing he wanted was a gypsy hangout. Welcome to England.

Edit: This post was in no way meant to be racist or anything. As you can tell, I'm clearly ignorant on the subject, what with prior knowledge coming from the movie Snatch. They shall henceforth be regarded as an oppressed peoples. A subsector of travellers, distant cousins of hobos.

4 Comments:

Blogger scullyknits said...

Ha H a Haaaa that made me laugh

excellent

I am not anti- gypsy myself or 'travellers' as I think we should refer to them although actually no- technically gypsies are their own ethnic group.

I know someone who calls them 'diddlecoy'....

5:46 PM  
Blogger Princess Inaka said...

Glad to see you back in blogtown! I was getting tired of checking in and seeing Spidey yet again :(

I have put in an application for a 3 week teaching exchange in London at the end of January. Wish me luck that I get in! If I do I'll come and have a beer with the gypsies.

Ruv
Joe

10:48 PM  
Blogger shirkinerd said...

holla from the east coast. im still in the bronx. livin' in the ghetto has it's perks - $2 clothes on every corner! some of them have funny saying and remind me of j-pan. thanks for the updates - good luck with the dual citizenship.
happy new year!
sh

12:07 AM  
Blogger shan said...

damn, girl....you talking like you're english and shit. where's the HELLA, the 'hood slang?! (that would be suburb slang...haha) you gotta represent the glorious us of a!! jk...

hope you enjoyed the holidays. miss you!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home