My Photo
Name:
Location: England, United Kingdom

Friday, July 08, 2005

I would've made a good prostitute.

Have you ever wondered what would've happened to you had you been born, say, 200 years ago? Before the advent of modern technology? Before modern medicine? Before women's rights? I would probably be dead. I'm such a weakling right now, there's no way I would have survived back then. Even if I managed to escape childhood bouts of whooping cough and/or yellow fever, my myopia and shitty skin would've made me a child of the devil. Haha, can you imagine? I don't even know what country I would have been in since my dad's Polish and my mom's Japanese. A bastard half-breed child, shunned from society, I would have run away from home...no, the orphanage, searching for peace and acceptance. And I would find it at the local brothel. Cuz guys'll fuck anything, right? Hey, gotta eat somehow. I wonder what they used for birth control...

So I would've had three options: death, whore or baby machine. Hmmm. Sounds kinda similar if you ask me. (Also sounds like a good band name). As much as Republicans trash 'n' bash Feminism, I gotta say, it's made my life a helluva lot more interesting, (not to mention confusing). Thank you Gloria Steinem. Thank you to all those who came before and all those to come. Thank you for giving me options.

2 Comments:

Blogger molly said...

Wow, that's really deep.

7:18 AM  
Blogger shan said...

10 dollars baby get you anyting you want...sucky sucky! uh....on a serious note, you'd be worth more than 10 dollars baby!

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home